The Pikachu's Insane Park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yoshi's Island DS

Go down

Yoshi's Island DS Empty Yoshi's Island DS

Post  yip9 Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:29 am

Yoshi's Island DS is a decent game. Its selling point is the multiple babies that each have different abilities. Sometimes Yoshi gets cute allies like a kangaroo. I like the character coins that you can find, each requiring a specific baby to collect. The Yoshis that join the Yoshi herd (extra UPs) don't leave every time the game is reset.

I'd say the original Yoshi's Island is a better game. The Yoshis can flutter jump higher, their ground pound is more useful, and their slurp and stomp attacks have higher priority. The main thing I feel Yoshi's Island DS lacks in comparison to the original game is the items. Yoshi's Island DS has no items whatsoever. This makes earning a high score much more difficult because you can't replenish your stars count before jumping through the goal ring. The watermelon, fire watermelon, and ice watermelon in Yoshi's Island were also a nice touch and I miss them in Yoshi's Island DS.
yip9
yip9
Yippers
Yippers

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum